Wednesday, January 5, 2011

45 mixtape #1

new mix for a new year. Decided I get in the game and do a mix of sorts. Pulled out a box of 7's and didn't really get past it, (actually did 3 mixes out of the box). The mix is a bit all over the shop as my filing system, (or lack thereof), a bit of recent not so recent and far from recent and a drop of local.

Putting this together reminded me how much I love 45's. They are a pain to store but once you're hooked it's hard to look past them. I remember DJ Shadow saying there like the crack cocaine of collecting, I used to laugh at this comment but maybe he's right, they're the ones I tend to horde and have I giddy enthusiasm for, never mind those tasty pic sleeves...the instant aural gratification, the almost throw away nature, finding one with a bad ass b-side, the b-side always wins. From funk and soul collectors, to prog psych punk beat nuts, to those mad minimal wave heads to the hip kids buying the newest weirdo bands, not forgetting the impact on Jamaica, everybody loves the 45! Everyone remembers their first. So embracing that spirit here's the first of maybe a series of sorts, it' no 45 King , more a straight mix tape. I'll post up the other 2 in the next week.


Eroc – Fito Linte

Steeple Remove – Radio Silence

Harmonia – De Luxe

Hunter Gatherer – Pere Lachaise

Khonnor – Heat Convex Dreaming

Soft Cell – So

John Foxx – Mr. No

Belbury Poly and Moon Wiring Club – Portals and Parallels

Tussel – Meh Teh

Dynastie Crisis – Le Monde Éclate

Quad Throw Salcrow – Fate Will Find You

TV Resistori – Kammen, Kynsi, Kieli

Blue Orchids – Work

Subway Sect – Don’t Split it

Crystal Stilts – Sugar Baby

The Jesus and Mary Chain – Upside Down

The Fe Fi Four Plus 2 – I wanna come back (from the world of LSD)

The Hollies – I’m Alive

Marie Laforer – Et Si Je T’aim

3 comments:

  1. nice one. checked this last night. wasnt following the track listing but i was really into the tune 33 min in...
    yes indeed 45s are indeed a bitch to store but worth it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was listening to a load of 7s last night. Was thinking of doing a little mix too. Maybe at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a 7" series in the works! Nice and nice work Mici.

    ReplyDelete